What is Reserve-A-Ride Transportation?
The Reserve-A-Ride program provides transportation options to individuals living in Clark County, Cowlitz County, and Wahkiakum County where public transportation is not available. The benefit of using the Reserve-A-Ride transportation program is to ensure access to services which reduces isolation and allows individuals to remain independent in their homes. If eligible, transportation is provided at no cost to the individual with the highest quality of customer service and dependable service delivery.
You may be able to receive help with transportation through this program if you:
- Reside in Clark, Cowlitz, or Wahkiakum County
- Are an older adult, disabled, or low-income
- Are unable to use transit
Covered Transportation Services
The Human Services Council provides Reserve-A-Ride transportation for individuals to:
- Life-sustaining medical appointments (priority service)
- General medical appointments
- If funding is available we may also provide group trips to shopping centers, recreational activities, and meal sites
Matching Rides with Providers
When you need a ride, we match you with the type of provider that can best meet your needs. The most common types of transportation services include:
- Passenger car/taxi/van
- Wheelchair van/minibus
- Individual/Group transports
Scheduling a Ride
Call our office at least two (2) working days before your appointment. We can schedule trips up to 14 days in advance. We can be reached by phone to schedule a ride Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, excluding the lunch hour and all major holidays. Transportation services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All transportation services require prior authorization through our office.
Information to Have Ready When You Call
- Your name and date of birth
- Your pick-up address and phone number
- Destination name, address, and phone number
- Appointment date and time
- Return pick-up time, if known
- Information on any assistive equipment or mobility devices you use
When to Be Ready For a Ride
When you call us for a ride, we will tell you when to be ready to be picked up. Your ride may arrive up to 15 minutes before or after your scheduled pick-up time. For group rides, you may be asked to be ready earlier than you expect. Unexpected delays may occur due to extreme traffic congestion, road construction, or weather conditions.
How to Contact Us
If you live in Clark County, call: (360) 258-2103, Option 2
If you live in Cowlitz or Wahkiakum County, call: (800) 752-9422, Option 4
Clients may fax information to: (360) 694-1446
If you need to cancel a ride, please call our office by 4pm at least one day before your scheduled ride. To cancel a ride after business hours, contact your assigned transporter directly.
The Washington Relay Service is available for callers with hearing impairments. Telephone interpretation is available for callers who don't speak English.