Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors
SHIBA volunteers assist citizens with health care insurance questions regarding Medicare, Dual-Eligibles, free or low-cost health and dental clinics, military health services; Tricare and Tricare for Life, employer-sponsored insurance, HMO's, Long Term Care, supplemental insurance, and other health insurance topics. This project is a cooperative effort of the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner and the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of the Human Services Council. For more information, please Email Us or call our local phone number: 360-735-3686
Medicare Annual Open Enrollment for 2015 begins October 15th, 2014. Contact us for assistance.
Human Services Council and SHIBA are moving!
As of October 1, 2014, we will be located at:
120 NE 136th Ave, Building B, Suite 215,
Vancouver, WA 98684
Phone numbers and emails remain the same.
View the article below on why your Medicare choice matters to you:
We understand health care coverage!
We provide free, unbiased information about health care coverage and access to help improve the lives of Washington State residents of ALL ages and backgrounds.
We can help you:
- Understand your health care coverage needs, options and rights
- Determine general eligibility for health care coverage programs
- Find affordable health care coverage
- Evaluate and compare health care insurance plans
- Make referrals to other agencies and programs
- Report possible fraud complaints
Local Calls: 360-735-3686 or Toll Free: 1-800-562-6900
Need assistance? Come in to speak one-on-one with a trained volunteer advisor.
Clark and Skamania County Counseling Locations:
- Human Services Council, 120 NE 136th Ave, Building B, Suite 215, Vancouver
- Every Tuesday from 12:30-3:00
- Skamania Senior Services, 710 SW Rock Creek Drive, Stevenson, WA 98648
- By appointment monthly - call 360-735-3686 for an appointment
Help your friends, family, neighbors and others find access to health care. Help others, meet new friends and connect with your community. We offer a variety of positions such as counseling/advising, admin/clerical, data entry, public speaking and special projects. SHIBA is an educational and referral system of trained community volunteers, sponsoring agencies and partnerships and the Office of Insurance Commissioner staff. We want you as an important part of our team!!