Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors
SHIBA volunteers assist citizens with health care insurance questions regarding HMO's, Medicare, Medicaid, Long Term Care, or supplemental insurance. This project is a cooperative effort of the Washington State Insurance Commissioner's Office and the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of the Human Services Council. For more information, please Email Us or call our local phone number: 360-735-3686
We understand health care coverage!
We provide free, unbiased information about health care coverage and access to help improve the lives of Washington State residents of ALL ages and backgrounds.
We can help you:
- Understand your health care coverage needs, options and rights
- Determine general eligibility for health care coverage programs
- Find affordable health care coverage
- Evaluate and compare health care insurance plans
- Make referrals to other agencies and programs
- Report possible fraud complaints
Local Calls: 360-735-3686 or Toll Free: 1-800-565-6900
Need assistance? Come in to speak one-on-one with a trained volunteer advisor.
Clark and Skamania County Counseling Locations:
- Human Services Council, 201 NE 73rd St, Suite 101, Vancouver, WA 98665
Every Tuesday from 12:30-3:30
- Skamania Senior Services, 710 SW Rock Creek Drive, Stevenson, WA 98648 Every third Friday from 11:00-1:00
Help your friends, family, neighbors and others find access to health care. Help others, meet new friends and connect with your community. We offer a variety of positions such as counseling/advising, admin/clerical, data entry, public speaking and special projects. SHIBA is an educational and referral system of trained community volunteers, sponsoring agencies and partnerships and the Office of Insurance Commissioner staff. We want you as an important part of our team!! Volunteers must have a valid email address.